Braven Health Introduces the 2022 Medicare Advantage Plans Made by and for New Jerseyans
- Braven Health’s plans and benefit designs build on the choice, value and flexibility and unmatched member experience that drove record enrollment in 2021
- 2022 plans feature $0 premium options, low out-of-pocket costs and flexible out-of-network benefits
- The plans focus on both medical and non-medical needs that impact health. Braven Health is the only health plan in New Jersey that is working with Papa, Inc. to offer seniors an aide to help with everyday household tasks, such a grocery shopping and meal prep
(Newark, NJ, October 25, 2021) — Braven Health℠ — the first and only New Jersey Medicare company jointly owned by New Jersey’s largest and one of the most trusted health insurers, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Horizon BCBSNJ) and two of the state’s leading health systems, Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) and RWJBarnabas Health (RWJBH) — today announced its 2022 Medicare Advantage plans, which offer affordable, convenient options that are tailored to meet the specific needs of New Jersey residents.
“We launched Braven Health last year to create a personalized health care experience to meet the unique health needs of our members, and we are doing just that, ” said Luisa Y. Charbonneau, Chief Executive Officer of Braven Health. “We listened to Medicare-eligible consumers and developed enhanced, cost effective, flexible plans that are designed to put patients first. Braven Health’s seamless coordination is a new approach to Medicare, and we look forward to delivering enhanced benefits and high-quality, affordable care to our members. ”
Braven Health, which welcomed its first members in January 2021, offers a personalized and customized health care experience guided by those who know each member’s health best — their doctors. Its products are available in eight counties in New Jersey — Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, Passaic and Union. Earlier this year, Braven Health made history in its inaugural enrollment, achieving the highest enrollment across its eight counties for any New Jersey Medicare Advantage plan since 2007.
Braven Health Medicare Advantage plans give members access to Horizon BCBSNJ’s growing Managed Care network that includes the entire HMH and RWJBH systems and is made up of more than 54,000 providers and 82 network hospitals in New Jersey alone. In addition, Braven Health’s PPO plans feature nationwide access to more than 620,000 providers and over 4,300 hospitals in 46 participating states.
For 2022, Braven Health’s plans feature $0 premium options, low out-of-pocket costs and flexible out-of-network benefits:
- Braven Medicare Choice (PPO), featuring a $0 monthly premium, $0 in-network primary care doctor visits, prescription copays starting at $0, routine and comprehensive dental benefits, up to $400 to personalize benefits to fit a member’s needs, plus $280 on an over-the-counter (OTC) benefit card for eligible health items, up to $230 in gift cards for completing preventive screenings and out-of-state network access
- Braven Medicare Plus (HMO), featuring a $0 monthly premium, $0 primary care doctor visits, prescriptions with $0 deductibles, prescription copays starting at $0, routine and comprehensive dental benefits, up to $400 to personalize benefits to fit a member’s needs, plus $280 on an OTC benefit card for eligible health items and up to $230 in gift cards for completing preventive screenings
- Braven Medicare Freedom (PPO), a low monthly premium plan, featuring $0 in-network primary care doctor visits, prescription copays starting at $0, a $35 monthly premium, routine and comprehensive dental benefits, up to $400 to personalize benefits plus $360 on an OTC benefit card for eligible health items, up to $230 in gift cards for completing preventive screenings and out-of-state network access
Braven Health will offer enhanced benefits in its second annual enrollment period this October, including:
- Increased comprehensive dental coverage up to a maximum of $1,000/year
- Additional $0 prescription drug tier that includes generic medication for chronic conditions
- Expanded $200/year fitness reimbursement, which now includes virtual programs and fitness equipment
- Only health plan in New Jersey that is working with Papa, Inc. to provide in-home support services and assistance with everyday tasks. $0 for up to 24 hours of virtual or in-home support services per year with Papa, including transportation to doctor’s appointments, medication pick-up, technical guidance, light house help and more, as well as a the opportunity to purchase additional hours using their flex benefits allowance
- Expanded $200/year flex benefit, which now includes additional hours for Papa in-home support in addition to an activity tracker, therapeutic massage and more
- Healthy food allowance, which includes delivery service, for eligible members with diabetes, cardiovascular disorders or congestive heart failure who qualify
The Annual Medicare Advantage and Part D enrollment season opens on October 15 and continues through December 7. This is when most people eligible for Medicare, including those 65 and older and those with certain disabilities can buy or change their Medicare plans.
Those who are Medicare-eligible can learn more about Braven Health’s Medicare plans by visiting BravenHealth.com, contacting their broker or attending a virtual or local in-person meeting. Consumers can get additional information about scheduling and pre-registration for these meetings by visiting BravenHealth.com/find-events or calling 1-888-444-0393.###
About Braven Health℠
Braven Health℠ is a New Jersey payor-provider owned health plan. Owned by comprehensive health systems, Hackensack Meridian Health and RWJBarnabas Health, and a trusted health insurer, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey, it offers competitive premium options and comprehensive benefits that go beyond traditional health insurance to support older adults who want more from life and more from their health care partners. It offers Medicare Advantage plans in 8 New Jersey counties with a broad provider network anchored by Hackensack Meridian Health and RWJBarnabas Health and that includes all health care professionals who participate in Horizon BCBSNJ’s managed care network. Braven Health is an affiliate of Horizon BCBSNJ and is licensed by the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. Learn more at www.BravenHealth.com.
Braven Health has a Medicare contract to offer HMO and PPO Medicare Advantage and Medicare Advantage with Prescription Drug plans, including group Medicare Advantage and group Medicare Advantage with Prescription Drug plans. Enrollment in Braven Health’s products depends on contract renewal. Products are provided by Braven Health, an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. The Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® names and symbols are registered marks of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. The Braven Health℠ name and symbols are service marks of Braven Health. ©2021 Braven Health, Three Penn Plaza East, Newark, New Jersey 07105.