What Medicare Covers
Here’s a quick look at what Medicare covers under each part.
- Inpatient hospital care
- Skilled nursing facility care for inpatient skilled nursing and rehabilitative services
- Inpatient Hospice Care
- Religious nonmedical health care institution (Inpatient)
- Doctors’ services (including office visits)
- Preventive care such as bone density tests and mammograms
- Durable medical equipment
- X-rays, MRIs, EKGs
- Physical Therapy
- Ambulance and Emergency Room
- Provides more coverage than Original Medicare to help lower out-of-pocket costs.
- May include medical coverage and Medicare-approved prescription drug coverage.
- Feature predictable copayments, so you’ll always know what you’ll pay for visits to the doctor.
- Provides coverage with lower out-of-pocket costs when you use the plan’s specific network of doctors, hospitals and other health care providers.
A Medicare-approved Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) (also referred to as Part D) may be sold separately and is available from private insurance companies. These plans:
- Provide benefits that help to reduce your prescription drug costs.
- Typically cover both brand-name and generic drugs.
- Provide prescription drug coverage if you have Original Medicare or Original Medicare and a Medicare Supplement plan. (For information about covered benefits, limitations and exclusions, please see your coverage documents, as well as medicare.gov)
- May be part of Medicare Advantage plans.
- Braven Health does not currently offer standalone Part D coverage. If you want to learn more about these types of plans, visit Medicare.HorizonBlue.com to learn about the plan options offered by Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.