SMS/Texting Terms and Conditions
Braven Health offers members the ability to receive communications via text messaging. By providing your cell (mobile) phone number, you agree to receive SMS Texting notifications from Braven Health when you are at risk of losing your Braven Health coverage or if there is a high-risk health epidemic in New Jersey or the state you live in. You can opt out of any text messages at any time. For information on how to opt-out of text message, please see the Opt-Out section below.
You may choose to sign up to receive SMS text messages from Braven Health, including text notifications, for:
- Account Servicing — Billing reminders, updates to your account information, HIPAA requests for personal representatives, claim payment status, customer service inquiries, or when new documents related to your plan coverage are available (e.g., Explanation of Benefits (EOBs), Pre-authorization requests and, request for medical records).
- Healthcare Related SMS Text messages — Care and Disease Management, health and wellness programs and reminders, Pharmacy Benefits programs and Behavioral Health programs.
- Security — One time pin (OTP) to help you with your account security during multi-factor authentication or to reset your password.
You can sign up and Opt-In to these SMS Text Messages by:
- Signing in at BravenHealth.com and clicking Profile to update your preferences.
- Contacting our third-party SMS texting vendor via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 1-877-736-3898.
- Calling Member Services at the number on the back of your ID card.
By opting-in, you agree to receive text messages from Braven Health or a contract third-party vendor.
To opt-out of a Braven Health texting campaign, reply STOP, QUIT, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or REMOVE from your mobile device. You will not receive any additional messages from that particular campaign or program you opt out of unless you opt-in again. You can opt in again at any time.
Unless you opt-in again, you will not receive any additional messages from Braven Health, with the exception of notifying you of the possibility of losing your health coverage or a high-risk health epidemic in the state of New Jersey or the state in which you live.
Message frequency will vary based on program participation. Standard message and data rates apply.
Participating carriers include: Alltel®, Associated Carrier Group (ACG), AT&T®, Boost Mobile®, Cincinnati Bell®, Cricket®, Google Voice, MetroPCS®, Nextel®, Rural Carrier Group, Sprint®, Tier 2/3 Carrier Group, T-Mobile®, U.S. Cellular®, Verizon Wireless®, and Virgin Mobile USA.
Braven Health and any of our contracted third party vendors will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages connected with any Braven Health texting/SMS program. Delivery of SMS messages is subject to effective transmission from your wireless service provider/network operator to your mobile device.
If you opt-in to any of our account servicing, health care management and/or care coordination programs, please note that text messages may include protected health information (PHI). Since text messaging is not encrypted, there is a risk this information could be intercepted or viewed by third parties, including others who have access to your device. Opting to receive text messages from Braven Health is done at your own risk.
NEITHER BRAVEN HEALTH NOR ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, AND/OR ASSIGNS MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ASSUME ANY LEGAL LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, QUALITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED OR SENT VIA TEXT MESSAGING PROGRAMS. FURTHER, BRAVEN HEALTH SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES TO THE USER, OR A THIRD PARTY ARISING FROM THE USE OR RELIANCE UPON THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN TEXT MESSAGES, OR ANY OTHER LINKED WEBSITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOST DATA, EVEN IF BRAVEN HEALTH HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION.